(Updated Sept 17, 2021)
Starting on Monday we will have to check IDs and Vaccine Passports/immunization record for anyone participating in the below programs:
Indoor group exercise & dance programs for 22yrs+ (ex. aerobics, yoga, Keno’s classes, dance programs)
Indoor adult group and team sports for people 22yrs+
Fitness centres for those 12yrs+
Adults must show proof of vaccination and photo ID at time of entry for the affected programs and the fitness centre. Youth 12yrs-18yrs who are coming to the fitness centre can just show proof of vaccination.
Anyone who is not able to provide the appropriate ID/vaccination record will not be able to have access to the program.
The requirement is currently in place until January 31, 2022, and we are mandated by the Provincial Health Office to comply with the order until it is lifted.
Thank you for your continued cooperation.
Dunbar Community Centre
Here are some key points from the mandatory mask PHO:
Key messaging from PHO
- Masks are required regardless of vaccination status
- Masks must be worn at all times when attending indoor public spaces
Exceptions are as follows:
- People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one
- People who cannot remove a mask on their own
- Children under the age of 12 (Masks are not recommended for children under the age of two, but should be encouraged for children aged two to 12 in public settings. Children older than 12 must wear a mask in a public indoor space, unless they are exempt.)
- People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person’s hearing impairment
Masks are not required when engaged in physical activity. If any questions or concerns, please speak with a member of the staff team.
Dunbar Community Centre
As per the PHO issued this week, masks are now mandatory in public spaces, including the Dunbar Community Centre.
See here for more info: Masks Mandatory in Public Space – Government of BC
We will update as we navigate these times together and thank you for your cooperation in helping everyone stay safe!
BC has now entered phase 3 of the Province’s restart plan and with that comes some changes to return to some regularity at the community centre. Most notable, masks are no longer mandatory in the building but are still recommended indoors. We continue to take a gradual, thoughtful approach and thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate the changes. We look forward to seeing you at the centre soon!